Thursday, March 22, 2012

Peace and Joy

I used to think as I struggled to learn the gospel and keep Heavenly Father's commandments that my rewards and punishments awaited me in the time beyond this life.  That is true.  The scriptures do say that this life is the time that we need to prepare to meet God.  But I have come to see, as I read the scriptures and listen to the brothren speak at General Conference, that we can experience the peace and joy spoken of right here and now.  We can also experience pain and suffering for not choosing to follow our Father in Heaven's counsel.

The concept might seem obvious to you, but to me, a person who was labeled "worrywart" by the tender age of five, the concept that we can have peace in this life was somewhat unbelievable at first.  Now, I do see that holding in my mind the things which Heavenly Father tells us are most precious can bring me peace amidst the comings and goings of my most hectic days.  I am so grateful for this lesson from a real and loving Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment