Friday, March 30, 2012

And Thus It Is

I would first like to say that I am going out of town tomorrow and most likely will not have internet access for a week.  I know you will all miss this blog desperately, so I wanted to prepare you for the lack of posts. :)

1 Nephi 22:31 says "...if  ye shall be obedient to the commandments, and endure to the end, ye shall be saved at the last day.  And thus it is.  Amen."

I love that phrase--"And thus it is."  I have never really noticed it before, but it hit me today as I read it.  Today, it suddenly was significant and that is what I love about reading the scriptures.

Today, it felt like Nephi saying:  'This is the truth.'  'This is the way it is.'  It doesn't matter if the person next to you believes it's true or not.  It doesn't matter what others say and do.  It is true.

It is true that Christ was born on this earth of a divine Father and mortal mother. He lived and taught eternal truths.  He gave us commandments.  He willingly submitted to the Father and atoned for your sins and mine.  He was crucified and laid down his life that he could take it up again as a resurrected being.  These things are true and nothing can ever change that.

No words, mocking looks, or opinions.  No judgements from others thinking you are old fashion for saying so, can ever have the slightest power to erase these truths.  And, some day, everyone will know it.

I'm thankful I know it now.  I hope I can have more courage to share it.

No comments:

Post a Comment