Monday, June 4, 2012

Mosiah 4

In Mosiah 4:30, King Benjamin advises "...watch yourselves, and your thoughts, and your words, and your deeds..."

I have truly discovered that it is much easier to watch our words and deeds if we are vigilant with our thoughts.  It is very hard to treat people the way we should if we are thinking bad things about them.  This may seem like a no brainer, but I remember in high school deciding that I wouldn't say bad things about others.  To make up for the lack of spoken word, it seemed as though my thoughts got meaner for a time.  I can remember they were down right poisonous toward one person.  I would hurled mean thoughts at her, thinking that as long as I didn't "say" it, that it was acceptable.  I found it very difficult to be around this person until I realized that my thoughts needed changing as well as my words.  What a relief it was to dicover how much easier it is to be kind in word and deed when I started controlling my thoughts instead of sweating bullets trying not to blurt out the mean things running through my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment