Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Yoked

Alma 1:26 says:  "...for the preacher is no better than the hearer, neither was the teacher any better than the learner; and thus they were all equal, and they did all labor, every man according to his strength."

I like that scripture a lot.  It makes me feel like we are all in this together, striving to do our part.

What makes me feel even better is knowing that when we feel like all our striving and pushing and pulling isn't getting it done, we can remember that we can choose to take upon our shoulders a yoke that also rests upon the shoulders of the Savior.  In this we can find rest.

"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart:  and ye shall find rest unto your souls.  For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."  Matt. 11:28-30

No comments:

Post a Comment