Thursday, July 26, 2012

Reminder to Me

Life this summer has become overwhelmingly busy.  As I watched my gospel study time become diverted away from the actual scriptures into other important, but not vital, things I have felt the loss.  It is amazing to me how reading other gospel centered things for lessons doesn't quite give me the same peace and guidance that reading in the scriptures does.  It seems there really is nothing that can replace in my life the pure and simple pleasure of being able to spend time with the scriptures.  I'm so grateful that I live in this time in history that we each can have the scriptures in our home, at our fingertips, and available to us each and every day!

I'm grateful for the example of Alma the Younger.  As I read of him being High Priest in the church and Chief Judge over the Nephites (Mosiah 29:42), my meager responsibilities don't feel quite so heavy.  Why is it that I so often forget that when I feel that my time is crunched, it is then that it is most vital for me to open my scriptures and read?

No comments:

Post a Comment