Monday, November 4, 2013

3 Nephi 22--My Kindness Shalt Not Depart

3 Nephi 22 is a "Compare to Isaiah" chapter.  This one is Isaiah 54.  These chapters can be somewhat confusing, but this one I actually got.  I know the spirit helped, and I'm sure it didn't hurt that I read it soon after an awesome Relief Society lesson on missionary work because that is what this chapter is about:  "enlarging the place of thy tent" or expanding the stakes of Zion.

My favorite verse in this chapter is verse 10 which reads:
"For the mountains shall depart and the hills be removed, but my kindness shall not depart from thee, neither shall the covenant of my peace be removed, saith the Lord that hath mercy on thee."
It can be applied to all of life's trials, especially those which seem to shake our whole world, and yet we can still find peace in Him.

In the middle of verse 14 it says:
"...thou shalt be far from oppression for thou shalt not fear..."
It really has made me think of how the two relate...Fear and Oppression.  Yep, definitely food for thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment