Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Everyone Makes Mistakes

Sometimes I feel like I can't get anything right around my house.  I move from room to room trying to straighten up and motivate that room's occupant.  My voice starts out loving and reasonable.  My requests get ignored.  There is soon yelling on both sides and the room and it's occupant are left with a feeling of chaos even though the floor is now a little easier to navigate and the drawers are slightly more accessible.

Yesterday after three rooms and three similar results, I felt very disheartened.  I wish I could say I took a deep breath, put myself in Time Out, and went to rally my spirits with a little bit of scripture reading but I didn't.  In fact, by lights out I was feeling so contentious I couldn't listen to the boys' prayers because sometimes Isaac gives me a hard time when I say it's his turn and I honestly couldn't take any more. I left the room with, "Goodnight.  I hope you guys choose to say your prayers."

This morning I read 3 Nephi 23 and all that truly stood out to me was that Nephi made a mistake.  Jesus asks him why he didn't write about the many saints that arose from the dead and appeared unto many.  Nephi looks and realizes that it never did get recorded.  Jesus asks him to do so.  The End.  No fussing.  No yelling.  I wish I could be more like the Savior.  However, today instead of resolving to do better like I normally would.  I'm just sitting here thankful for proof that everybody makes mistakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment