Thursday, November 28, 2013

"Future Generations"--That's us!

In 3 Nephi 26:2, Christ says:
"...These scriptures, which ye had not with you, the Father commanded that I should give unto you; for it was wisdom in him that they should be given unto future generations."
It touches me to think of the centuries full of effort and sacrifice that have gone into the scriptures that I hold in my hands today.  When I really stop and think about it, I am in awe that the people in the time they were written didn't benefit from them as we do now.  They didn't have printing presses to churn out pages.  Therefore, so very many people were not able to hold these wonderful words and read them for themselves.  I am certainly grateful for all those who wrote things down for "future generations" because I just don't know what I would do without them.

No comments:

Post a Comment