Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Helaman 3:29--Dividing Asunder

Lately, I have been thinking about the iron rod in Lehi's vision due to preparing my part for a visiting teaching conference in Relief Society so when I read Helaman 3:29 it made me smile.  This scripture so perfectly describes why we need to keep a hold of the iron rod, or word of God.  It says:
"Yea, we see that whosoever will may lay hold upon the word of God, which is quick and powerful, which shall divide asunder all the cunning and the snares and the wiles of the devil..." (Emphasis added)
I so very much need something to divide the truth from the cunning twists that the devil makes of the truth here on earth.  It has been essential to me in my life, and I'm sure the word of God, whether contained in the standard works or given me by the mouth of a living prophet, will continue to guide me along the path towards my Father in Heaven.

Incidentally, my connection to visiting teaching is that we as sisters can bring gospel messages into one another's homes and therefore assist each other in keeping our focus on the iron rod, the path ahead, and the tree of life.  As distractions in the world are all around us, I feel that this is an important work.

No comments:

Post a Comment