Friday, May 10, 2013

Helaman 10:5--Trust

Perhaps the reason I didn't notice all the success Nephi experienced in Helaman 5 is because it didn't last long.  He goes into the land northward to preach but is rejected.  When he returns the Nephites are wicked again and the Gadianton robbers are in the judgment-seat, having committed murder to get there.

Nephi is lamenting their wickedness in his garden tower which draws attention and eventually leads to him telling the people that their current chief judge has been murdered and is right now laying in his own blood.  Men are sent to check but never come back because they get thrown in prison for the murder.  The story continues but it's not what I want to focus on today.

After all the hubbub dies down, Nephi was walking home when "a voice came unto him" letting him know that "all things shall be done unto thee according to thy word, for thou shalt not ask that which is contrary to my will." (Helaman 10:3-5)

When I was younger and I read this story, I marveled at the power given to Nephi.  Now I am amazed by the trust.  Heavenly Father has ultimate trust in Nephi.  It is humbling to think about.  What if Heavenly Father could trust me like I trust Him?  That would be truly wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment