Sunday, March 10, 2013

Lorenzo Snow

In reading the Relief Society lesson for next week I found a perfect quote from President Lorenzo Snow that goes along with my Parenting with the Spirit post.  I love what he has to say and the way he says it!

"Make up your minds to live humbly and in such a way that you will always have the Spirit of the Lord to be your friend, to make such suggestions to you from time to time as shall be needed under the peculiar circumstances in which you may be placed....How much longer I may live, I know nothing about, and I do not worry about it.  I do desire, and it is something that you should desire, to have that humility, and that meekness, and that simplicity to enjoy the spirit of revelation.  It is your privilege, every one of you, to have enough of the spirit of revelation to know exactly what is proper for you to do.  It is your privilege to have it just as much as it is my privilege to know what to do tomorrow, when tomorrow comes, for the best interests of the Church in general."   (Teachings of the President of the Church:  Lorenzo Snow, chapter 4, pg. 79)

No comments:

Post a Comment