Monday, October 12, 2015

Persuuaded To Do Good Continually


Ether 8:26 reads: "Wherefore, I, Moroni, am commanded to write these things that evil may be done away, and that the time may come that Satan may have no power upon the hearts of the children of men, but that they may be persuaded to do good continually, that they may come unto the fountain of all righteousness and be saved."
This scripture has a very hopeful feel to it.  I think that's amazing considering the circumstance in which Moroni wrote it.  He had just watched his people destroyed by wickedness.  He was being hunted by the Lamanites.  And, yet, he writes with hope of a time when all people will use their free will to choose that which is good...always.

It also makes me wonder.  If I get to the point when I "do good continually" then has Satan lost his power as far as my life's choices are concerned?

No comments:

Post a Comment