Friday, August 28, 2015

The Good

Ether 4:12 says:
"And whatsoever thing persuadeth men to do good is of me; for good cometh of none save it be of me."
I have often pondered on what this scripture means.  Is it that any good thought we have is not really our own, but from the Lord?  That seemed not quite right.  I think I get it now.  As I said in a recent post, looking about me at the world news baffles me.  How can people sell baby parts for research? And how can no one care enough to prosecute the illegal activity?  How can people point at those keeping the Lord's standards by shunning that which is wicked and call them bigots?

This scripture hopefully helps those who may be confused as to what constitutes "good." If something is contrary to the Lord's commandments, it is not good.  It does not matter what you think.  There is eternal truth.  Right and wrong do exist. And men are not the ones who decide where that line is drawn.  We need to remember that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ have a much wider, more eternal perspective of things.  They know what brings happiness and progression to people.  They know what degrades and stops our progress.


No comments:

Post a Comment