Tuesday, January 7, 2014

3 Nephi 28:37--Made Manifest Unto Me

I love the examples in the scriptures that show us how the prophets learn through prayer.  I love it the most when they, in the process of writing come upon something they don't know, like in 3 Nephi 28:17 when Mormon says (speaking of the three Nephites):
"...whether they were mortal or immortal, from the day of their transfiguration, I know not..."
Then in verse 37 he writes:
"...since I wrote, I have inquired of the Lord and he hath made it manifest unto me that there must needs be a change wrought upon their bodies, or else it needs be that they must taste of death..."
He goes on to say that he was told that the three Nephites did have their bodies changed but not to the degree to which they will be changed at "the judgement day of Christ."  So in asking, he received an answer and I think it is so cool that we have a front row seat to how prophets learn as they go.  What a great example to us!  It is awesome to know that we too can employ prayer to gain knowledge and get our questions answered.  I don't know where I would be without my Father in Heaven's guidance.  Even when I read and listen to great apostles and prophets I don't really learn that much until I say a prayer that He will help me to understand and know how I can apply the true principles that they teach in my own life.  The wonderful thing is that Heavenly Father knows us so well that he can teach us in just the way that we need to really understand.  It is sooo exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment