Thursday, September 5, 2013

Light

I have been gaining a lot of understanding through studying the words of modern church leaders this past month.  Maybe that is why reading these verses made me pause and take a moment to remember that General Conference is coming up.

Christ is speaking to the Nephites in 3 Nephi 15:10-12 when he says:
"Behold, I have given unto you the commandments; therefore keep my commandments...And now it came to pass that when Jesus had spoken these words, he said unto those twelve whom he had chosen.  Ye are my disciples; and ye are a light unto this people..."
I'm very thankful for my testimony that Heavenly Father has given us apostles and a living prophet today.  I'm grateful for all those who serve in leadership of this church--Christ's church in the Latter-Days.  And so I ask myself:  Am I grateful enough to listen when they speak?  Do I take the time to receive the light?

2 comments:

  1. I love this, Ambra! Sometimes I wonder if we're any better than the ancient peoples who wouldn't heed the words of the prophets. I think we take our prophet - and our blessings - for granted.

    Perhaps we should be really pondering what we hear at General Conference, and trying to understand what the Lord wants us to do with what we hear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. I think this was on my mind so much because I really do usually try to make General Conference a big priority, but last Conference I let life get in the way. This year I already see conflicts forming with kids activities on the schedule, but I'm not going to miss out on talks this time!

    ReplyDelete